Did you mean: 
Eve_Wnv
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Envy won't load desktop

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've had my HP for about 3 years now but hadn't used it for a few months. But recently after trying to start up my computer it won't load the desktop icons at all. And when i try clicking around on the task bar my mouse turns to the blue loading circle and the task bar goes black. Moreover none of my files or installed programs appear on the homescreen even after waiting hours with and without a power source connected. This has been going on since mid-April and at this point i'm willing to do a factory reset if it would help but i can't even load that much. I also get mutliple pop-ups saying "The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" And the screen may turn a foggy white. Even if i click end process it will stay the same. I'll do anything at this point so i hope someone can help!
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,509
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Eve_Wnv,

Good Day! Welcome to the HP support forums. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding freezing issues and the computer not loading the desktop. I  will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂Excellent description and great diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist with accurate information I would require more information regarding his.

• Did you run hardware diagnostics on the computer for freezing issues?
  • Did you run a complete virus scan on the computer?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer?

• For now please run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259 and check if all diagnostics pass to eliminate hardware failure.
  • Please run extensive tests and component tests. It takes about 2 hours to run and if any part fails please make a note of the failure code and contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.
  • HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
  • (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

If diagnostics pass please try these steps:

• Please run complete virus and malware scans on your computer. If any malware or malicious scripts are found, please try to remove them with the security software or perform a complete recovery to factory settings from this link: https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c04758961 and follow the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly”

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation