Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hyperterminal options

HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to run a hyperterminal program to a com port in order to calibrate some hardware.  I have been told that one can just copy over the old XP hyperterminal programm and it's .dll file into Win 10 and it will work.  It doesn't!  First it won't recognize an old ".ht" file that starts things in XP on a particular com port.  Second, it won't let me access any com ports and wants to install a modem if I try to set up a new configuration.

Tried 2 "freeware" terminal programs that claim to run on Win 10 and handle com ports, but neither of them will let me access a com port. 

Strange to say the least. Am I missing something?  Any ideas on this.  I can get what I need to get done on an XPSP3 PC but would like to use my Win 10 box.

4 REPLIES 4
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

THIS MAY WORK AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

AND this is longwinded and may be appropriate...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/RS232-Serial-Communications-via...

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
FrFrog
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will give it a try and get back to you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
FrFrog
Author
Level 1
12 6 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No joy with setting compatibility mode with any of the programs I tried.  Still cannot select a com port and use it.  All the programs still seem to think there are no com ports to use or won't let me choose a com port.

Grrrrr!

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

So it's an adapter?

How about local recycling centre and an old machine with a serial port that will run XP?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation