Blackhawks-19
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I may have accidentally unistalled a program. My windows icon is not working

HP Recommended
HP prodesk
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I accidentally installed an app.  I believe it was CORE.  Now my windows icon is there but white and not working.  HELP!!

1 REPLY 1
Maxxster11
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you true believe that you may have uninstalled a program and your using at least windows 8 0r higher, (1.), restart your computer.  (2), Give it time to fully boot up and hopefully it will go to your homescreen or display like you would normaly see. (3),  Since your your windows icon may not be working,... first, depress the icon again to see, then if its still not working,  dont panic. (4),  depress cntl, Fn, esc, at the same time and it should take you into your windows menu. (5),  then, simply goto your control panel, look at your list of recently uninstalled programs, (6),  if your see the program that you uninstalled, if you can goto the tools bar at the top of your screen, and see if you can see an "UNDO" in your menu, (&),  if not, then, (still, dont panic),.. simply write the uninstalled program down EXACTLY as you see it in the "uninstalled programs, (8),  finally,....back slowly away from your computer and leave everything as it appears on your screen. (9),  you will at this point have to goto your androind and goto which ever windows emails, or customer servive support (hopefully you made a backup to get back into your pc). Or you could goto a friends pc and get into your emails and such that way. (10),  bring along a couple of blank discs or a flashdrive with you and goto you r software support center for ,(windows, or HP, ),..or whoever your software is with, and try to download a free replacement for your accidentally uninstalled program, go back home, make sure that you have uninstalled the program, re install that program. (11),  iIf it transfered to your pc correctly, then sign out of everything, shut the pc completely down, wait at least 15- 60 seconds, turn back on your pc, let it boot up again. (12),  Finally,  if it looks like your back to normal, (no such thing), then go directly to your antivirus program if you can and run a full system scan. and that should do it!! If the problem persists, then please feel fre to messege me. OH,...by the way,... I do want to know how you did. your friend,...MAXXSTER11.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation