flstctx
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

IcloudServices.exe - Bad Image

HP Recommended
pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

C:\Windows\system32\cryptdll.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator

or the software vendor for support. Error status Oxc0000020. 

I uploaded Windows 10 back when it was offered free and have uploaded all current versions since.

This appeared after a shutdown of desktop system.  This is a stand alone system no ipads attached.

What can be done to fix this error?

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,365
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @flstctx,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post you are getting an error message. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after a recent update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

If the issue started recently, I would suggest you perform a System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link.

Run the sfc /scannow command to replace any missing or incorrect Operating system related DLL files.

System File Checker (the proper name of the sfc command) will replace any damaged or missing Microsoft supplied DLL files.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to check for Windows update: Many Operating system service packs and other patches can replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer.

If nothing works, I would personally suggest you run an extensive system diagnostics as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2, (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Depending on the test results, if all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation