cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcho
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Installed software crashes when loading video files.

HP Recommended
Pavillion 570-p030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have loaded Cyberlink Video editing 14 previously used to my new HP.  The program crashes after a few seconds and will only load single video files without also crashing.  I've contacted Cyberlink who say to install the lastest GPU driver from Intel.  I tried this but my PC gives the error message 'driver not validated for this computer'.

Where and how can I make sure that my HP PC has the latest Graphics driver as Cyberlink think this is the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,301
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@marcho

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

From a quick check, it looks like that Cyberlink product is from 2015 -- so are you SURE that it is expected to work without issues in Win10?  You need to verify this with Cyberlink, as the new Windows version (1709) is causing problems for some folks with older software.

Here is the link to the drivers and software HP product page for your PC: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/mod...

You can check on that page for video drivers.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
marcho
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the response.

I used the Cyberlink website check which says 14 is compatible with windows 10.  Their help tells me to load the latest graphics driver, they send me the same link as on HP but when installing it either tells me a newer version is already on my PC or  that it's incompatible with my HP???

I looked at the HP link you sent for a 'video driver' but can't see anything listed?

I've now tried uninstalling and re-installing Power director also got a 30 day trial of Corel editor but both crash after a few seconds.  So It must be a PC problem?

It's very frustrating, I hate updating a PC as there's always problems with programs that you've used previously.

Any other help welcome.

0 Kudos
truezone
Level 3
26 26 1 6
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This error is caused by CyberLink itself

Only solution is to uninstall driver and geforce experience with DDU and install new/old drivers without geforce experience (if you own).

Thumb up if solution worked👍👍

marcho
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the info.  That sounds good but I am not a PC wiz so need some details please?

Where can I find and unistall the driver and what is the file name if applicable?

What is GEforce experience with DDU?  And where do I find that?

What do you mean by install drivers 'if I own'?  Can't I get them from HP?

I still have my old PC 'windows VIsta' is it possible to copy the drivers from that as the program works fine on that?

If you can please provide step by step it would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
truezone
Level 3
26 26 1 6
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Windows Vista is not compatible for many things id prefer you move to windows 7 or higher
0 Kudos
marcho
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Intern, unfortunately it doesn't actually help to answer my question!

I really need to know the answers to my questions on how to unistall the driver and why it won't let me update in my original list?

A step by step guide is what I need.

Thanks

0 Kudos
marcho
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HPtruezone.

Are you able to clarify my question with step by step guide about where to find this driver and unistall it for Windows 10.

I really need to get this problem fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation