ccul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Intel Software offer

HP Recommended
Omen X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, recently purchased an Omen X PC, which is supposed to come with an Intel software pack. HP website says an e-mail will be sent, however nothing received to date. ALso the HP UK website has a DEAD link in connection with this offer.

https://starterpack.intel.com/

does anyone know how to get this sorted.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ccul,

The link you posted does work. Can you provide a link to the HP website says an e-mail will be sent?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
DavidO1
3 3 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot help as I have the same problem with a recently purchases i7 Pavillion machine.  No mention of the software in the pack  on any site, and it is not pre-loaded.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidO1 and @ccul,

I have done a limited search on this issue.  Please tell me where you bought the computer.  According to my search, the 18 character code is (1) on your receipt, (2) on the original box, (3) was sent to an email address you provided.  It was mentioned affixed to the the computer (as a peel-off) by a GeekSquad rep posting.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
DavidO1
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for this.  It was bought from the HP store online in the UK.  The invoice has various reference numbers, but none have 18 characters (the most are 10 or 11 characters!).  What I clearly need is a Master Key code, but it is notin the box or on the Machine!

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidO1,

Leave it to the brits to restructure the English language and redefine it.

In the orange text section  of this page it states within 2 weeks.

need assistance, fill out this form.  Fill out "What can we help you with? (required)*" box.

David,

As you the active respondent, please keep me informed. I doubt this problem will end soon.

@ccul,

I will now ask you to answer: "when did you buy the computer and where".

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
DavidO1
3 3 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I never got that far down the page, probably because I was still defining the issue as one for HP rather than Intel.  Initially I thought the software was being provided by HP.  Having seen this I will wait for the 2 weeks and see if it resolves according to this plan!  But the HP documentation is far from adeqaute, if only to give pointers to where problems can be resolved.  Additionally this weekend has a public holiday on Monday, so nothing will happen quickly!!

However, it has introduced me to this forum, which I am sure I will find useful in the future.  Thanks once again.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation