apro021
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Intel Turbo boost technology

HP Recommended
27-a255nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have AIO desktop 27-a255nz with intel core i7 7700t inside.

As you can see in description of the device on HP official site ,it says that this processor have Intel Turbo Boost technology. There is no option in Bios to enable/disable this option. I monitored with more then one aplications but cores never pass standard 2.9Ghz (turbo mode shoud go up to 3.8Ghz).

In intels official overclocking tool ,Intel Extreme Tuning Utility ,option "Turbo Boost" is greyed.

When I want to istall  Intel TBT monitor, its says that I don't have supported CPU 

Can enyone halp me to solve this? i searched entire web I supose,but there are similare problems but does not heps.

4 REPLIES 4
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

No HP BIOS option to toggle Turbo Boost on or off and no option in IXTU suggests this extension is unavailable. Turbo Boost involves overclocking. HP generally limits BIOS overclocking on consumer motherboards. The 7700t supports Turbo Boost. HP has decided to disable this feature.

This Intel site (Link) explains Turbo Boost including possible limitations.

It appears this option is not available on your product.

Regards

0 Kudos
apro021
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get it. But why is in specifications seys that have Intel Boost Technology. If you have time just write in Google 27-a255nz first page is HP official product specification site.. 

Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Apro021,

I did see that reference.

The Intel CPU does have Turbo Boost. HP has chosen to disable or limit this function.

I don't know why HP has done this.

Regards

0 Kudos
Turbinemagic88
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could the bios not be flashed to a version that supports the turbo technology?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation