mboblitz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issue with HP Support Assistant not matching between desktop and laptop

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Support Assistant program does not match between my desktop and laptop. My desktop version shows that there are 6 messages that need attention on my laptop. However, when I open the HP Support Assistant on my laptop there are no messages needing to be reviewed. The messages show for the laptop on the desktop version I am almost positive have been reviewed on the laptop and deleted but the desktop version of the program will not reflect that. I don't use my laptop frequently so I depend on the desktop icon to show that messages need to be reviewed by the small yellow i on the icon. The messages of course can not be removed from the desktop version that are applicable to the laptop so the yellow message indicator is always there.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question.

HP Support Assistant (HPSA) can only provide updates or action messages on the target device.

HPSA installed on a specific Desktop cannot monitor or provide updates for a different Laptop or Desktop. It is very unlikely any two HP PC's will receive the same update prompts unless the two hypothetical PCs exist in the same state of equilibrium (Stasis).

Each device will receive different HPSA notifications based upon the device's status.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation