Louie1951
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Lightscribe

HP Recommended
Lightscribe Labeler Drive
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm running Windows 8.1 Reg. NOT Pro.  My Lightscribe software does not recognize that I have a Lightscribe dive connected to the computer.  Is there any support for Lightscribe?

Regards, Louie1951

2 REPLIES 2
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,827 10,823 1,008 3,051
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is some LightScribe software that will run on Windows 8.1 here

https://lightscribesoftware.org/free-windows-software/

However, you can see it was last updated in March of 2013.  If you happen to have any media, then it might be possible to make the lightscribe label but it is out of date technology, to say the least.  Most people have gone to some other means.

BTW: are you certain the drive supports the media?  What is the drive make and model number?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Louie1951
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  Now I belive it's not a lightscribe issue after all.  The program runs.  My PC does not recognize the that external LG Super Multi DVD Lightscribe drive.  It was working great with Windows 7. When I upgraded to 8.1 the PC failed to recognize the drive.

Thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation