2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Linux Mint 18.1 on the HP all in one 19-2113w

HP Recommended
19-2113w
Linux

Hi,

I'm trying to install Linux Mint 18.2 on the used all in one I bought. It has W8.1 on it. I have installed lots of Mint OS so I have a basic idea of what I'm doing, no experert by any means.

Anyway, I go through the install process just fine. But when I try to boot from the hard drive it tells me no OS found.I have changed the boot order to the Ubutu option, in fact I have used each option I can pick, I have gone into BIOS and disabled sercure boot, still nothing.  I have done come research and it looks as if this month board is the problem. But the posts I am findin are from 2015, I would think that a work around has been found.

Please any help.

TIA

James

3 REPLIES 3
NHLrules
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jokersloose

This is probably a year+ late & a dollar short, but are you still having the problem booting up Mint?  If so, was it installed as UEFI or Legacy mode?

-NHLRules (not an HP employee)

0 Kudos
jokersloose
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After doing some research I found that it was above my skill level  So gave up, if you are trying to do this I recommend the Linux Mint forum 

0 Kudos
NHLrules
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jokersloose

Pity I didn't stumble onto your original post in a more timely fashion.  Sorry about that.  I've installed/uninstalled/re-installed all of the Ubuntu/Mints as well as LinuxLite, and a couple of miserable Manjaros, so I've already come across many of the problems that define the Linux-HP love-hate relationship.  It's a shame HP is slow in getting around to being more Linux-friendly.  When we want to setup a dual-boot scenario, we have more unnecessary headaches than the average bear!  Good luck in the future!

-NHLRules (not an HP employee)

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation