Did you mean: 
ulyesses
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 11 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i look to storge  i can see this pc (  C ) -1.80tb 82.5used      - 1.72 tb free

recovery image ( D) -17gb  14.9 gb  used     2.12 gb free

local disk (E:) -450 mb   403 mb used  - 46.3 mb free 

drive ( F ) - 4.54 tb  1.23 tb used  3.31 tb free

drive ( K ) - 3.63 tb -  730 gb used - 2.92 tb free

when i clik on local disk ( E : )  firts line it say- other   387 mb  and this line is red !!

system &reserved 16.1 mbs

document 28kb

apps &games 0 bytes

pictures 0 bytes

music 0 bytes

video 0 bytes

mail  0 bytes

maps 0 bytes

temporary files  0 bytes

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ulyesses
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 12 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

not on my pc ?

ulyesses
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 0
Message 13 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mine go open when you look to storge first onder this you find the (E:) drive then i can click on it and then i can see whats all in there only when i click on , othere it dont let see what it is ??

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,989 10,968 1,023 3,117
Message 14 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If a drive is labeled System Reserve or Recovery Partition, then it is reserved and not to be used by the user.  Those drives are for special use and are small sized.  Although it might appear to be of lttle or no use, Windows puts it there on purppose.  As described here:  https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/delete-system-reserved-partition.html

System reserved partition is created during the clean installation process of Windows operating system when you partition the computer hard drive. It starts from Windows 7 consuming 100 MB space, and continues to use on Windows 8 and Windows 10 but consuming more space which is 350 MB. Windows system reserved partition contains the Windows boot manager and boot configuration data, so it is very related to booting Windows from your system drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 15 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saf56  On a HP PC  drive 😧 is usually marked the Recovery Partition and is used to hold the files to restore the hard drive to "factory fresh" by the Recovery Manager when invoking the Recovery from F11 or the Recovery Manager software.  If the PC was upgraded to Windows 10 from either Windows 7 or Windows 8 during the free upgade option that ended on July 29, 2016 , then the Recovery Partition probably is of little value, since it will install the Windows that came with the PC from the factory and will not restore windows 10.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 16 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> recovery image (D: ) -17gb  14.9 gb  used     2.12 gb free

The size makes sense.  The "generic" Windows 10 DVD contains over 3 GB of files.

The HP-modified version, with additional software included, will be much larger, e.g., 14.9 GB

> local disk (E:  - 450 mb   403 mb used  - 46.3 mb free 

That disk is "megabytes" in size, not "gigabytes". 1/1000 of the size!

Maybe, the partition that contains the "HP Hardware Diagnostics" software ???

> drive ( F ) - 4.54 tb  1.23 tb used  3.31 tb free

> drive ( K ) - 3.63 tb -  730 gb used - 2.92 tb free

Are these "external" disk-drives, or additional internal disk-drives, or "mappings" of a networked disk-drive?

saf56
Level 1
10 10 0 2
Message 17 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a consensus that to get the "Low Disk Space" pop up from reappearing continuously... that I should.... 

***Open "Disk Management", and remove the drive-letter assignment, and the error-message should not repeat.

That "removal" will NOT affect the contents of that partition. ***

Are you aware of a Microsoft or HP support document related to my concern that I can review prior to making this change?

If this was related to Windows updating from version 8 to 10, it would seem that many other PC users would have a similar complaint and Microsoft or HP would have addressed this with an update.

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 18 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would not recommend that the drive letter be removed.  I do not know why the low disk space warning is showing up as it does not seem to be a common complaint for that partition.

You might try to follow this from Microsoft on removing the warning however.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555622/how-to-remove-the-low-disk-space-warning

I'm not an HP employee.

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 19 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saf56@  wrote:

Are you aware of a Microsoft or HP support document related to my concern that I can review prior to making this change?

If this was related to Windows updating from version 8 to 10, it would seem that many other PC users would have a similar complaint and Microsoft or HP would have addressed this with an update.

No, I am not aware of such a document.  But, that is "how it works" -- if there is a drive-letter assigned to:

local disk (E:  - 450 mb   403 mb used  - 46.3 mb free 

then Windows will monitor it, and will issue the message when the free-space is less than (about) 10%.

Yes, on this forum, other users of HP computers have reported that Windows 10 uses more of the disk-space than Windows 8 used, thus triggering the message.  On this forum, various methods for "resizing" the partition have been posted. 

Note that "resizing" partitions is not something that can be done via Windows Update -- it usually involves "cloning" the disk-drive onto a different disk-drive, and "resizing" during the copying process.  Of course, "cloning" does not do anything to the "source" disk-drive -- this is important not to "touch" that disk-drive, should the process somehow get interrupted or aborted.

saf56
Level 1
10 10 0 2
Message 20 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the instructions at the link that was provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555622/how-to-remove-the-low-disk-space-warning

Besides removing the low disk space warning...

is there anything else I should do to correct this problem....

If I simply remove the warning can I expect that I will have performance issues with my computer?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation