Did you mean: 
saf56
Level 1
10 10 0 2
Message 31 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found a solution for this issue on the Microsoft Help Forum;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/windows-10-update-produces-low-di...

I applied this fix and it seems to have worked!

******This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)
Type in the following:
diskpart
list volume
select volume 3
Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)
remove letter="E"

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.**********

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,989 10,968 1,023 3,117
Message 32 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saf56  Good Find!!  That is good news for anyone having this issue.  I just have not run across that yet on any of my computers.  Thank You

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 10,971 577 1,703
Message 33 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@saf56@  wrote:

When I right-mouse click on the 'E:' partition a drop-down appears that only says HELP on it. 

>> I am unsure how to use Disk Management to remove the association per your advice.

I do not understand why your right-mouse "click" does not reveal more options, in addition to "help".

Right-mouse click on the 'E:' partition.

Choose "Change drive letter and paths".

Click to select the 'E:' partition.

Click "Remove" (the association).

Alternately, one can use the 'diskpart.exe' command-line interface to do exactly the same -- much more complicated than using the GUI (Graphic User Interface).

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation