3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Low FPS even in Low settings

HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello,

Ive been playing recent title games like overwatch, PUBG (Players Unknown Battleground) and the likes.

However, my settings are in low quality, yet still lags in an intense scenario. (Most especially PUBG)

Is this normal? Should there be any settings i need to adjust)

If I decide to upgrade, which part should I?
Specs: Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) - 1TB Hard Drive (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160/document/c05389962)

I have 14 days to decide if I should bring it back for refund. I’m not satisfied at all.

TIA!
3 REPLIES 3
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@theralphconcept,

Your system exceeds the requirements for PUBG, so the problem exists elsewhere.   As I understand it, PUBG is an online multiplayer game.  Here is an info page that might help witrh settings.

Your Broadband connection will also have to be considered.  What speed connection? Are you uinsg ASDL (phone modem) or cable?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
theralphconcept
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, with regards to that, I am connected to a DSL (via phone). below is the tested connection speed. 

HOWEVER, I am using an external (usb) wifi adapter since the internal Wi-fi of the HP omen I bought seems to have a problem connecting to our router. Everytime I connect to our router (using the integrated wifi) it disconnects for like 10 secs. - but it works without disconnecting when I connect to a mobile hotspot.

Other devices connects to our router without any problems. even the the USB wifi adapter doesnt disconnect to the router.  

Purchase details: bought it last March 2, at Best buy as an "open box" item.

TIA!Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
theralphconcept
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The temperature of the video card is stavle at 96-99deg

Is this normal for ho omen? Some say it should not go higher than 90
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation