Juanita3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Microsoft Office doesn't work on my Notebook since I upgraded to Windows 8.1

HP Recommended
Notebook 2000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Since upgrading to Windows 8.1, I can't use WORD.  It comes up with an error message that WORD has an Error and needs to be repaired but when you click on Repair, it doesn't do anything.

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,010 24,661 2,879 10,660
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Juanita3, welcome to the forum.

If you installed Word using the original disks, I suggest reinstalling it.  A glitch most likely occurred during the update to Win 8.1.  If you don't have the disks, I suggest contacting Microsoft's Customer Service for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> If you don't have the disks, I suggest contacting Microsoft's Customer Service for help. 

> They are the experts on their products.

Or, if you have the product-key, Microsoft has a "self-service" web-site.

On that site, login to your Microsoft account, such as a HOTMAIL ID, and enter the product-key.

The web-site will analyze your product-key, and offer a download that is compatible with that product-key.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation