cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasBlessed
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My PC did not come Bluetooth enabled. Is is possible to add it?

HP Recommended
Slimline PC 411-a024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had no idea that they still made anything that came without Bluetooth. Every other tablet, PC, phone even my NOOK is Bluetooth enabled. Didn't even bring it up when I purchased it because I assumed it was a no-brainer. Well, we know now who has "no brain".  Anyway.  I tried all the basic "Go to Device Manager", "Look in Hidden, Connected" etc. These were clearly not helpful as I do not have any cute little icon to click on. It first became a problem when I tried to hook up my brand new wireless printer to my worthless new pc. Worked on it for months...been sick, don't judge! Anyway, finally gave the fancy printer to my son. Bought the oldest school printer I could find that still used a cable!  Got a new phone for Christmas and a new tablet for my B'Day. Of course, these won't connect with the PC either. They immediately paired with each other. lol   Long story but quick question. Can I fix this or do I have the worlds most expensive footstool?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,211 124,378 20,533 31,553
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB bluetooth adapter.

I use this one on my HP desktop... works fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-USB/dp/B007Q45EF4

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation