JulieWallace
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My computer shut down without waiting..

HP Recommended
HP 17-bs017ur (1ZJ35EA)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I worked on my presentation in PowerPoint when an unexpected failure occurred. My computer shut down without waiting for the save and shutdown. When I tried to open ppt again - the file no longer opened. How to get information out of a failed job?

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,022 24,673 2,881 10,674
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JulieWallace, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact Microsoft's Customer Support for help with your problem.  They are the experts on their programs and should be able to tell how to solve your problem if it can be done.

In the future, it may be a good idea to set the program to autosave.  This could possibly save you from redoing a lot of hard work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
BobbyMcdonald
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This blog can help with the issue of how to repair ppt file online - http://www.presentermedia.com/blog/2012/08/i-cant-open-a-powerpoint-presentation-in-2010/

The steps, which are mainly required for this solution, are shown below:

1. Open MS PowerPoint program. Click on Office button (on top of the left side).
  2. A window will be appearing. Now select corrupt PowerPoint file from the system directory.
  3. Click on the arrow of Open button. A list will be scrolled down.
  4. From the list, click on Open and Repair. After some seconds, the file will be repaired and opened.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation