Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Okeokeoke13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My mouse and keyboard turned off in the same time

HP Recommended
Today when I was on my computer,my keyboard and mouse turned off in the same time.I have a mechanic keyboard and the lights turn on when I turn the computer on,and it only works to close the caps lock because it turns on with the caps lock on I don't know why.This happends for my mouse,too!Them turn off when the windows 10 stars,like when I need to type my password...Can someone help me?
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,527
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You may be experiencing a possible, recent, faulty W10 update which breaks USB keyboard and mouse functions. The keyboard and mouse work outside of Windows but they break when W10 loads to the sign in screen.

Not having access to a keyboard and mouse is a deal breaker.

You may have to remote to your PC to fix the error. You could also try two or more hard shut downs to get to the automatic repair screen. You can then try a system restore prior to Microsoft Update KB4074588. This update seems to be causing the problem. Now you have to stop an update date loop which will cause these symptoms again until Microsoft fixes this.

Please refer to this forum for more details. "lwlopez1"  has posted possible temporary workarounds for this problem.

You can defer updates if you are running W10 Pro.

Good luck!

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation