Tommy47
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No power at HP 23 all in one computer

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 all in one compute
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 23 all in one computer bought in 2015, yesterday I installed a new HP envy 4527 printer. I have a HP desk jet 960C printer. I switched on the inkjet to print a document and the computer went dead, no lights at all. The computer has an anti surge adaptor, I have checked the feed and all is ok up to the computer but the computer has no sign of life. What is the problem and how do I rectify this without loosing all me documents and photos. 

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 40 124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

imo

the only worst thing than a LT is this,  ALL-IN-ONE deal...

(all PC made one can remove the HDD , put it in a hdd enclosuer (USB or Esata) and read the data.

so the PC is dead.

fan is dead too?

if its 100% dead,  and fan dead, and HDD is silent. get a new power pack or test it.

other that that, the problem is  deep inside.   (and parts NON STANDARD there) << in this domain Desktops real , RULE.

on some of these i see an power LED hidden deep on rear of MOBO (motherboard)

it glows , when the power is good. but may take fancy steps to view it, even case off rear.

IDK , I avoid these class of PC, 

what to do is backup data first.

then get it fixed.

easy no?

ask how to backup

1: using linux live DVD, (free) backup data to USB stick or external drive

2: remove hdd, (or ssd) move to external generic chassis (if savvy have one ready all the time) and backup using other PC.

http://www.pcdied.com/panic1.html

external drive.

how to use it and how to do it wrong,

http://www.pcdied.com/external-hdd.html

NO warranty answers by me.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation