Wolf5
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Nog opening programs and freezing or loading Very slow

HP Recommended
4ce706127h
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello i yesterday had Some problems With my HP 870-242ND like not opening programs settings wont open after a while i cant open anything at all i am not sure of it wont open or is just being very slow if i right click it stil works and functions like Windows + r to but i cant Find a solition McAfee livesafe says i have no virus or anything i hope Anyone hete could help me

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Wolf5,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with system freezing and system is running slow. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to perform any test on the computer?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Run a System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Depending on the test results, If the test fails, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options.

If the test passes, I would suggest the next step would be to update the Bios, on your computer from our HP support website, using this link.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the drivers on your PC either using Windows update or download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Wolf5
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thans you for replying but sadly it did not help me i think it is a different problem i am running the test Now i Will let you Now if there dame out any errors
0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,364
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Wolf5,

Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation