sodknee
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OMEN Control is broken

HP Recommended
OMEN Desktop 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The OMEN Control program has been unresponsive when it came to changing the LED on the pc. I searched for solutions and ended up uninstalling the program alltogether. I installed the program again and now i get an error message stating, "The code execution cannot proceed because SymCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I tried reinstalling the program once more and to no avail get it to work. I searched to forums and tried to find a solution but none of them seem to work, repairing the program, etc.. 

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sodknee

Welcome to HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that the OMEN Control program is not working on your OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-224. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

During my research, I came across a few steps that should help us to fix this issue. Please perform the following steps in the given order:

• Go to Program Files > HP > HP Omen and edited the .exe file
  • Right click on the .exe file and select properties, tick the option "Run as administrator" and it should work fine.

If the issue persists then you may uninstall the OMEN Control Program and then reinstall it from the HP recovery manager. You can find the steps to install the program in this HP document.

I genuinely hope that this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted.

All the best! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation