cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHandzel
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controler driver - not in softpaq utility

HP Recommended
prodesk 600 G4 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am encountering a Device Manager error with the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller as well as the PCI Serial Port.  Googling suggests that this can be addressed by installing the Intel Thermal Framework driver with success on multiple HP products, however this driver is not listed for the prodesk 600 G4 Microtower in the HP Softpaq Utility nor the driver download on HP's website.

Is there another driver that may handle this exception?

DevMgrErr.png

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Did you just update to the latest version of W10?

Anytime you see a PCI or PCIe error in Windows Device Manager it usually means you need the chipset driver.

Try this HP chipset driver, sp87791.exe. Try Windows 10 Update again.

HP Driver download site, (Link).

Regards

0 Kudos
JHandzel
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We are currently deploying Win10 (1709) to our enterprise environment as a production build but will be switching over to 1803 shortly. 

Interestingly enough we already have sp87791 as part of our driver pack which is installed as part of our MDT task sequence.  Manually installing the driver however works to remove the PCI Data Acquisition warning in DM but not he PCI Serial port warning.

I will look into possible issues as to why this particular driver isnt installing with all the others.  In the meantime, do you have any thoughts on the PCI Serial port?

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi JHandzel,

The 600 G4 Microtower has an optional Serial RS-232 port(rear). Legacy hardware from the sixties.

This may be the problem device. Don't see a HP driver for this device at HP's driver download site. Very surprised HP is not providing an updated W10 driver for this device since the device is included on, or attached to the system board.

Microsoft may have dropped device driver support for this device beginning with version 1709.

I would disable in the BIOS if you are not using serial communication devices.

You might get better support at this HP Forum (Link).

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation