Level 4
74 68 0 31
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Password manager pop up with Outlook

HP Recommended
Zbook with HP Password
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After looking at multiple blogs an for a solution on how to stop the Password program pop up every few seconds. it seem to pop up when ever the Outlook program check to see if email is on the server.

so far nothing works including registry modification and a rename of the DPAgent as suggested in multiple blogs. Also unchecking the suggested blocks in the application failed.:smileymad:

Very frustrating and other than deleting the entire HP applicaion which will delete fingerprint logon it seems HP should have a solution.  Trying to keep all the other parts of the application.

Any ideas

7 REPLIES 7
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,774 5,014
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tsac,

It might be helpful if you were to add the links to those discussions.  Did the initial install of Outlook Mail work, or has this been from the start?  When MS forced Windows Live Mail to cease functionality,  the problem you described was prevalent.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
tsac
Author
Level 4
74 68 0 31
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Outlook I'm using is not a web based application it is the Outlook program on the computer. All was working until about a month ago when every time Outlook checks for any email the HP password program pops up with a box to validate the password. It points back to the password program. I have tried things suggested in other forum posts with zero success. Outlook does not have any links to HP password. It seems the HP password app is monitoring any background or other request for logon. Outlook must go to the Yahoo/ATT email servers to get the email or to check if any is waiting.

All I'm trying to do is have the password program stop the pop ups. I really do not want to delete the entire HP support application which will also delete the finger print logon as was suggested in some posts.

This is the other forum post on the subject. Also if you look other Internet sites you will see the frustration in the attempt to stop the pop ups.

Thanks.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/disable-and-remove-Hp-password-manager/m-p/6364507#...

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tsac,

You can force outlook to remember a password.   See here why it keeps asking.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
tsac
Author
Level 4
74 68 0 31
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do have this setting already on the email setting in Outlook. I also have multiple email addresses loaded and when they do a server querie HP password manager does it's pop up.

I have tried answering the question and selecting the check mark in the pop up but it just keeps asking.

Beyond deleting the entire application which i really do not want, i would simply like to stop the pop ups.

If HP does not have a solution or the ability to option off the pop ups then I will be forced to delete the entire program which i do not want to do.

0 Kudos
tsac
Author
Level 4
74 68 0 31
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I read the suggestions posted and they all point to Outlook password options not HP password Options.

The popup is from the HP Client Security program and constantly asks for the password reguardless of the entries including checking the "save password in your password list" box.

It seems the program does not have the ability to stop the popup via any of the options in the application and offered advice does not discuss the probem only other issues.

So How about a real solution? 

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tsac,

You can disable the HP Password manager (selective or full).   Follow this general discussion.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-disable-hp-password-mana...

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
0 Kudos
tsac
Author
Level 4
74 68 0 31
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You Provost for the reply. Unfortunately the solution suggested in the link does not offer any method to simply disable ONLY the password manager and leave alone the other security options offered with the main application.

The other posts within this board have asked for a simple solution from HP and todate none are offered. It has become clear the application was not developed with any controls in mind to option off parts. This is causing many people who use business class laptops ( Zbook) to become very frustrated and request management to change to a different manufacturer  of laptops. I have had multiple departments within my company ask me to find a solution and that's why I posted here. I really do not want to delete the finger print login and wish HP would address this problem. Do a search on the internet and you will see this is not the only forum where this is asked by many many people.

I do appreciate your input and suggestions. Again Thanks.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation