KarenJ1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Password

HP Recommended
HP Personal Computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I prevent my computer from keep asking me about my password on startup?  I want this deleted permantely.  Someone, please help me out.  Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,542
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KarenJ1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP computer. I read that you would like to disable the password which comes up initially when the computer powers on. I'll be glad to assist you with this.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Is it the BIOS power on password? This usually comes up as soon as the computer is powered on (even before Windows starts to load).
  • Or is it the Windows login password?

If it is a BIOS password then I suggest you to contact our HP phone support as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash. Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.

So please feel free to let me know. I'll watch out for your reply. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,774 5,014
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KarenJ1,

That issue has been discussed mnay times.  Some have offered pausible solutions, some have not worked. Here is an example,  (offered by @WAWood). Not sure if the OP actually followed it verbatim, as it apparently did not work, but the store gave a work around.

Personally, I use the PIN method.  Does not require the Enter Key.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation