Palan57
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Problem with RealSense camera driver

HP Recommended
Pavillion 24-b277c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a recent Windows update, my computer could no longer see the camera. At first it was not visible in Device Manager, but after a couple of reboots, it reappeared. The properties box indicated that the camera was not connected to the computer and that there were no drivers installed. Attempting to install drivers got a failure message.

From there I went to the Intel RealSense site where I attempted to download and install the appropriate drivers. The wizard first had me uninstall the previous drivers, but an attempt to install new drivers required me to do a firmware update-- which failed. (I could post the log of that, which it kindly stored to my computer). 

Additionally-- there is no restore point on the computer except the on from four hours ago when I attempted a Windows update to try to fix this. The nice man at HP helpdesk would like me to restore the entire machine to factory condition, wiping out everything on it. I'm hoping something other than this nuclear option is possible.

5 REPLIES 5
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Palan57,

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing issue with the camera. Certain HP notebook and All-in-One computers come with built-in webcams that you can use to capture video motion or still images. A webcam is a video input device, similar to a scanner or camera, and requires software to function.

When was the last time the camera working?

However, follow the HP document that could fix the similar issue.

Keep me posted how it goes!

Have a great day.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Palan57
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was not helpful. The device manager no longer offers a reload drivers option-- it was disabled by some previous windows update. The other items in the article don't address my issue.

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Palan57,

Thanks for the reply,

Appreciate your time and efforts.

Let's try creating a new user account and try installing the drivers.

1. Sign in to an administrator account, and then make sure the PC is connected to the Internet.

2. Click Start , and then click Settings .

3. Click Accounts.

Figure : Clicking Accounts in the Settings menu

Settings window with Accounts selected
  4. Click Family & other people, and then click Add someone else to this PC.

Figure : Clicking Add someone else to this PC

Family & other people with Add someone else to this PC
  5. On the How will this person sign in? screen, choose an option depending on whether you have the sign-in information for the new account.

• If you have the sign-in information, type the email address or phone number of the person for whom the new account is being set up, and then click Next. Click Finish. The new account is created.

• If you do not have the sign-in information, click I don't have this person's sign-in information, and then continue with these steps.

Figure : Typing the email address

Typing the email address on the How will this person sign in window
  6. Type an existing email address or create a new one, type a password, select your country or region, select your birth date information, and then click Next to create a new Microsoft account (MSA).

NOTE:

If you do not wish to create a new MSA, click Add a user without a Microsoft account, and then create a user name and password for a new local account.

Figure : Let's create your account window

Let's create your account window
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions until the Help us verify your identity window displays.

8. On the Help us verify your identity window, type your phone number, and then click Send code.

Figure : Clicking Send code

Clicking Send code on the Help us verify your identity window
  9. Obtain the code from your phone, type the code in the Enter the access code field, and then click Next.

10. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish creating your new account.

Click here for further troubleshooting steps.

Then, try to install the drivers and check how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Eager to help you.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Palan57
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That didn't work at all

0 Kudos
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Palan57,

Thanks for the reply,

It seems like it is a hardware issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 
If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation