16 9 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Program process appearing then disappearing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6000 Series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I play many games frequently on my PC, but recently some of my games won't start. There won't be any error message or a system crash, just no response from the computer. When I look at the processes as I try to run the game, the process appears for a second then vanishes. 

Rebooting and updating hasn't done anything to help.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Quickmaronic

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the computer is crashing, However, it always gets an error and we need to capture it,

I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Quickmaronic
Author
Level 2
16 9 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry, I misexplained the issue. The computer doesn't crash (no BSoD), the program just refuses to start. But when looking at the process menu, the program's process appears, then disappears, and the program will not run.
0 Kudos
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,510
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Quickmaronic,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've displayed tremendous commitment, immense patience coupled with commendable troubleshooting competence to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 It is greatly appreciated.  As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office for the day, I am jumping in to assist you.

First off, let us ensure that the computer's hardware is fully functional. Please run complete extensive hardware diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2u8gBos  to ensure that the computer's hardware is perfect. Please run the extensive tests and it takes about 2 hours to run.If any component fails, make a note of the failure code that shows up and contact a local technician like Best Buy or Staples to get it fixed.

This is an older computer and retired now. The original vendors who supply the hardware parts don't do so anymore and hence service options are not available.

If the diagnostics pass, then you could perform a  system restore to an earlier time before the issue started from this link: http://hp.care/2u7PoCs and follow the steps from this option "Restoring Windows 7 to a previous point" and check if it fixes the issue. Otherwise, you could follow the steps from this option "Using System Restore when Windows 7 cannot start normally" if system restore fails.

This should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation