Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dho77
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Re: Disable Fn Key

HP Recommended
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have it too... the professional software I work with uses the function keys a lot, and this is really impractical/impossible!
5 REPLIES 5
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,649 22,636 1,358 1,375
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dho77

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I would like to help

To assist you better please provide me with the complete Notebook Model or Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Also let me know the current OS version installed on the Notebook

Has the FN key worked before?

Keep me posted

Thank you and have a great weekend

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dho77
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello
My problem isn't with a notebook. It is with an Envy 2710 all-in-one and its wireless keyboard.
I have searched all over for a solution, but the ones I have found only apply to notebooks. FYI there is no option in the BIOS relevant to action keys. I have checked already. There must be another solution for desktops/wireless keyboards, and I'm hoping you'll find it for me. Thank you.
0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dho77

The FN function is mostly used for Notebooks since they have a smaller keyboard

I'm unable to pull up your product details with the Model provided.

Please refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number and the correct Product detail

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dho77
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My computer is an HP Envy All-in-one 27-b1xx.
Fn keys normally work on both desktop and notebook models. Many software programs require Fn keys to activate certain features. I am referring to business/professional software, not gaming stuff. This is the first desktop computer I've ever had where there is no Fn lock key and no easy option to lock them through a configuration. And I have had many desktop computers over the years.
I hope this info helps you find a solution to this problem. I have looked around the forum and there are many people with the same issue as me.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dho77

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have sent you a private message. Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation