Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This is not the solution.  The C drive has folders for documents, music, pictures, etc.  Additionally, if you create a document, the computer stores it on the C drive.  There is no reason the user should have to manually move files.  HP needs to explain why they set up computers like this and provide a reasonable solution that does not require users to do something completely different than they would have to do on most any other new computer they purchase. 

HP Recommended

No one is addressing the main problem.  Why should users have to do anything or make these changes to a computer they just pulled out of the box?  Why is the computer not set up to store files on the D Data drive?  All the file locations such as Documents, pictures, music etc. are on the C drive.   The computer should have been set up to store data on the D without having to change settings right out of the box.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for adding these comments, but I don't know what it does toward providing a solution to my original question... I think you're echoing my frustration (which is great).  If I am missing something, please advise!

HP Recommended

Solutins would be more helpful.  You are correct.  LOL.  I have two of them.  One I did on my own to move files from the C drive to the D data drive.  The other I got from an HP tech who I talked to yesterday.

First the HP solution:  Go to settings on the computer.  Go to systems, then click on "storage".  Then choose the option "change where new contect is stored".  This will give you options for differenct categories such as "Documents", "Music", "Photos.  There will be a drop down menu and you choose "D" drive. 

From this point, the selected files will be stored on the D data drive.

For files already stored on the C drive, it is also easy to move them.  Start by creating a file on the D data drive and name it "Documents".  Then go to the C drive and right click on the documents folder and go to properties.  Then click on "location".  Then then change the location from C:\users\name\Documents to D:\Documents.  The computer will ask if you want to move the files.  That's it.  Repeat the process for Music, Photos, Downloads, and Videos. 

Hope this helps.

Conrad

HP Recommended

Accept as solution for HP Omen.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.