Keith_K
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Uninstalling Intel Rapid Storeage..

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the recent MS Win10 1083 isngall a conflicting software issues with the Inel Rapid storage software. I have tried uninstalling AV and installing latest version but still reports a conflict with the Intel software. Tried to unistall the Intel software to upgrade but it reports that a reboot is required. I reboot from cold every day and have tried several consecutive reboot without change it still reports that a reboot is pending.

Pointer suggestions welcome

Keith

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Keith_K,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Do you have a Microsoft system restore point or an offline OS image created before this problem started to go back to?

It sounds like a previous program uninstallation (maybe the A-V software) was not completed correctly and you have a persistent reboot flag set in the Windows Registry.

A-V software should not complain about IRST drivers. Was the new version of Windows complaining about the current version of IRST or was your A-V software doing the complaining?

I have always installed updated IRST drivers on top of the current Intel install with zero problems. Windows setup should have fixed this issue during the OS update process.

Tom

0 Kudos
Keith_K
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tom

Solved the problem by removing the driver and forcing a system restore, which put me back to V12 of the the IRST driver.

I think the issue was that I have a solid state disk drive and it uses the IRST caching routine which seemed to conflict with the new AV.

After the system restore my machine is working better. The new AV software seems to have an issue with real-time scanning and the IRST. AV problem occur with ver 12 and ver 13 of the driver so I have opted for a different AV product.

The AV provider seems unwilling or unable to acknowledge that the problem is their updated software; previous version worked with both vers of the IRST driver.

It appears I had dual problems the AV compatibility and the fact I could not remove the IRST driver, which must have had a problem during its install which went un-noticed. Once my work backlog has reduced I might re-install the vers 13 IRST driver to see what happens.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Keith_K

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation