cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
easyrider750
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Uninstalling the "HID Compliant Touchscreen Driver" be Safely Uninstalled in Windows

HP Recommended

i tried the same procedure....however......it reloads itself every time i start my laptop

4 REPLIES 4
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,993
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@easyrider750

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Are you attempting to disable the touchscreen? if yes, could you elaborate on what you've done so far?

If you have any specific issues with the touchscreen: Click here to troubleshoot and resolve it.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
easyrider750
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i went tro device manager......clicked uninstall device......but it doesn't remove it from my laptop.......it returns when i re-start

0 Kudos
easyrider750
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

don't know the number......it's an ENVY

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,993
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@easyrider750

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Please explain why you need to uninstall it, is it not working at all or does it have auto-touches or perhaps, you have an erratic movement?

While you respond to that, I had mentioned a link with steps to resolve touchscreen issues, if you missed it, here it is again: Click here to resolve touchscreen issues.

If you want to simply disable it, click on disable instead of uninstalling and it would no longer be used.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation