Shriradhya
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrade Of Cpu and RAM

HP Recommended
22-b321in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Shriradhya Here and i have the model - HP 22-b321in and it has the Intel Core i3-7100, i recently Downloaded The game called Quantum Break and it shows that i cant play because my video memory is too low. I wanted to know if there is any way i can upgrade my CPU and Ram for better gaming. Can My BIOS take any INTEL CORE i7. i7 could help me in gaming and can i even Upgarde my RAM from 4gb- 8gb?

Thank you

Shriradhya

pls reply

1 REPLY 1
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,935 11,874 2,372 4,837
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Shriradhya,

The Processor is not possible to upgrade as it comes integrated on the motherboard. You can upgrade the RAM to max 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4 2133Mhz. You need to use Sodimm sticks (which are usually used in notebooks). There is no slot to place a graphics card .

it will never be able to play games well as it has integrated graphics and even placing more RAM in the system will not have much effect in games.

The best option would be to build a small gaming rig or look at the HP Omen PCs if you are interested in gaming.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation