ewills4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Video not playing after leaving video up for more than five minutes

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently whenever I leave a video paused for more than about five minutes, when I then try to resume playing a video it then fails to continue to play the video. So far, the only solution I have found is to completely restart my computer. This problem persists reardless if the video is loaded off the internet or directly from my computer. Are there any solutions to this?

I do know a while back I was receiving a message upon restarting my compter saying hardware acceleration was not working, but that message has not been sent in about a month.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ewills4

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 - m6 series laptop. I read that when you pause a video for about 5 minutes, the video does not play after that. You have to restart the laptop to play the video again. This happens for online videos and also for videos played on the laptop. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the following information:

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l.
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?
  • Have you tried to use a different video player and check if that helps?

Meanwhile, you may try to update the flash player on your laptop: https://adobe.ly/2D2nGwi . The laptop needs to restarted after the Adobe flash player is updated. 

If the issue persists after updating the flash payer then let us perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback he laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine This will not delete your data.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation