cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilyLowe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

What do you recommend using from other program options?

HP Recommended

Without archives, you can't go far when you need to send several files at once. I use a zip-archiver built into Windows to create archives precisely because zip opens today everywhere without installing additional software. However, there are cases where my clients send archives to rar and require an answer in the same formats. In this case, for example, a program such as winrar should help, but recently it has not coped with some of the files that I received the other day. I even tried to open them through paid - 8zip, which can open many archival formats, but it did not help. 

2 REPLIES 2
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if what you're referring to is the same, but have you tried WinZip

http://www.winzip.com/win/en/

It's the only one we use.

0 Kudos
clemrobinson
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120413024756AAkXcMu

Try this:
Open the file in WinRAR (download from internet if you don't have one). 
Press your right mouse-button. 
Click on "Repair archive", or press Alt+R. 
Click on Browse button and select a folder where you want to keep the repaired archive. 
There will be two options ("Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and "Treat the corrupt archive as ZIP"). 
Select any one of your choice (or see which one will work) and click on OK button. 
Go to the folder where you have kept the repaired archive and open it (Repaired archive will be named as rebuilt. repair rar or rebuilt.*.zip, where * is the name of original archive).

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation