Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

In addition, I also stopped the HPOneAgent service and then disabled it.

HP Recommended

OK - so I just got off the phone with an agent at "HP Escalations Dept." about "HP One Agent returning through a Microsoft update" and gave him all the info and the fact that after disabling the app through the various means previously discussed in this thread it has returned and has also created several windows restore points in the process. If and when I receive any further information on this I will update it on this forum. I mentioned to him that this software  (HP One Agent ) should have never been installed on "personal" computers and without the knowledge or consent of HP customers - it is an invasion of privacy and if nothing is done about it soon they might find themselves with a law suite on their hands for invasion of privacy. Here is an excerpt from the Dynatrace website about what One Agent actually is:  

What exactly is OneAgent?

"Dynatrace OneAgent is essentially one binary file comprising a set of specialized services that have been configured specifically for your monitoring environment. These services collect metrics on various aspects of your hosts, including hardware, operating system, and application processes. The agent can also monitor specific technologies (Java, Node.js, .NET, and more) in greater detail by injecting itself into those processes and monitoring them from the inside. This provides you with code-level insight into the services that your application relies on.

For real user monitoring, Dynatrace OneAgent injects a JavaScript tag into the HTML of each application page that is rendered by your web servers. With these tags in place, the agent can monitor the response times and performance experienced by your customers in their mobile and desktop browsers."

Sure sounds like spyware to me and it slows my computer down to a stand still if I open several web pages at the same time and during other times!  HP has removed any reference to the company that makes this software (above) and the name of the software so I am not sure if those names will show on this post but hopefully this post will still make sense?

HP Recommended

The key question nobody seems to know the answer to is what HP One Agent actually does and for whom. If it's HP's way to monitor the performance of the various components of the computer and the data gathered is used to optimize performance (like, for instance, several Windows services and agents), it's beneficial and we should probably let it do its thing. It's running on my system, and I haven't noticed any performance degradation or improvement from before it was installed compared to now, and I've also disabled it and run it for a while to see if I noticed a difference and found none.

On the other hand, if it's sending data to HP for whatever reason, it's something we should be able to opt out of. Can you ask your HP guy which category it falls into?

HP Recommended

I agree with this. But it does look like a silent application, running in the background. And since its published by the manufacture, I am sure there will be a benefit associated with it

HP Recommended

HP one Agent se vuelve a instalar de pues de desista lado, que puedo hacer

HP Recommended

You have two options:

Disable Reconfiguration: Open Task Scheduler and find "HpOneAgentRepairTask". Right-click and disable it. This stops automatic reconfiguration.

Uninstall HP One Agent: Go to Apps & Features (search for it in Windows). Find HP One Agent, click it, and choose Uninstall.

HP Recommended

You haven't read the part where HP One Agent keeps reinstalling itself?

HP Recommended

Disabled it and next time I started up it ran again, deleted it and it reinstalled itself and ran even though it was disabled. Slowed the machine to a very great extent. Machine unusable as it was so slow. Then tried turning off Wi-Fi, disabling One Agent and deleting the program. Restarted without Wi Fi making the machine much quicker. One Agent did not reinstall nor did it run so decided against restoring Wi-Fi full time so I could work. It was only my back up machine so I could use my work machine for Wi-Fi. Bit extreme but there you are. I am now looking for a new secondary machine. You can guess what brand I will NOT be getting

HP Recommended

@Recrec, Not questioning your experience, but how were you able to tell whether it was One Agent or a WiFi issue that was slowing down your computer?

HP Recommended

I used CTRL-ALT-DEL, loaded task manager and checked the processes. One HP program was using about 80 to 90 per cent of the CPU. Stopping it running helped, but it returned slowing me up again. Disabling One Agent stopped it until I restarted when it returned. Turning Wi-Fi off stopped it returning and the PC ran fine. I am not much of an expert but it did stop the problem. Without One Agent my Wi-Fi is fine until I restart, thereafter the computer runs like cold treacle so One Agent and its sub programs looks like the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.