Oldrangerbob
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wi-Fi- Not Present

HP Recommended
pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Shut computer down for a few days. WHen I returned their was no Wi-Fi. Installed Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn shows status of not present. I've tried going to an earlier restore point with no luck. DOes this indicate a hardware failure? Do I just need a new card?

1 REPLY 1
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Locate the windows network settings within your system tool tray. Then locate the Wi-Fi or wireless device settings. One would need to check to see if the Wi-Fi wireless settings are allowing communications from your modem, gateway or router. If one has shut down the system periodically I would suspect that your model router etc has been reset to an old password or your computer has not been set up to recall the login settings via your Wi-Fi network. A systematic elimination of non connected devices would narrow the error down to what could the cause. It may be as simple as the modem router or gateway not allowing for Wi-Fi settings as someone could have access the router etc and changed the password. Check the side of the modem router to see what the factory password is and options you have to log the modem internal settings and adjust the password to suit your login habits. Also the modem router could be blinking which indicates that your network is not connected. At which point you need to  check your ISP to see if there are outages in your area or if these modem router is covered by a service plan and may need to be replaced.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation