Witmire
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 Hibernate and Sleep Modes Unavailable

HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 570-p026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've made a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 on a new hard drive for this desktop.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to use hibernate and sleep modes.  They don't even show up anywhere in the power options.

I've been told this is likely a hardware driver issue.  I only have the default drivers that came with my Win10 install disk.  I've looked at the HP support site, but they have multiple drivers available.  I'm not sure which one to download.  I'm not certain what motherboard or chipset I have.

I also haven't used Windows update or HP's update utility, as the PC is being kept offline for security.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue and get hibernate and sleep going on my PC.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Witmire,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Generic W10 drivers will cause this problem.

You have to connect to the net to get the latest drivers form Microsoft or the hardware OEM.

Update the graphics drivers. This fix has usually worked for me.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation