HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,992
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sam144

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support with the colorful screen & it's gibberish characters,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 
    • (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues? 
  • Did you check if this issue occurs on an alternate monitor?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Sam144
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  • What is the product number of your device? I couldn't find the serial number 
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums? NO
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues?  the night before the issue 
  • Did you check if this issue occurs on an alternate monitor? Yes , same issue 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Afternoon, I'm under the impression that the video card may have come loose from its slots assuming the card is dedicated. If the card is not dedicated then there is a delivered issues with your setup. Check the DirectX version and follow the test protocol for testing the DirectX system nd driverr.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/157730/how-to-determine-the-version-of-directx-by-using-the...

Although I posted a link that explains how to check your DirectX version, there is a test protocol involved in running this test. If the test returns successful  then the video driver could be going bad. One thing that would help with his is if you have a secondary  video card to fall back on, make sure your system has the capabilities to run the new or used card successfully until one can determine what is wrong with the correct video setup.

0 Kudos
Sam144
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply, I can't run check DirectX . When I start the computer it directly show this colorful screen there is no window screen to click run 

0 Kudos
Sam144
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also all USB port are not working ( No mouse No keyboard) 

0 Kudos
AmpLighter
Level 5
224 211 8 43
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please read my comment above once more, I suggested that you will need a secondary video card in order to verify what DirectX version you have along with being able to check your system there after. According to your comme ts you've checked the system with multiple monitors, in doing so has any of the pins/leads become bent or broken.

EDIT

It is apparent that the truth comes out. If one is unable to connect a key board or mouse to their system, I would suspect that the mother board is toast.

0 Kudos
Sam144
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried new vid card but same problem . USB port is working now . When I start up the pc Hp logo come in then the colourfull screen Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.32.36 PM.pnglarge.jpeg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation