dom60
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

how to install HP Orbit

HP Recommended
pav 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok had a power spike that fried all sorts of things in the house. had to replace the solid state drive and hard drive . and trying to get the computer back going. its up and running but cant get Orbit to install, it says for select HP products if I remember correctly. So how do I get it back? wife really wants/needs to use the app between her devices.

3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @dom60, Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand you have issues installing HP orbit application on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Was the HP orbit application preinstalled on your PC?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP orbit software from your PC and check if it helps.

Please check the version of HP Orbit installed on your PC. If you have version 3.3.131.253,  uninstall that version in Control Panel, Programs and Features and install version 3.5.171.271 from the link below:

Update the latest version of HP orbit application using this link. Click Here

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try installing the application using the HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using the HP recovery manager. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot HP orbit issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
dom60
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As I posted I had to replace the drives. The m2 solid state and the HDD and being preinstalled i had to buy windows to install it on new drives.
So what's the solution to this issue?
0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,744 22,731 1,364 1,380
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dom60

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Did you try installing HP Orbit from this Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80951.exe

Since you replaced the Hard drive you will not be able to use the Recovery Manager.

If you are unable to install the HP Orbit from the Link provided, you will need the Recovery media to reload the Original Factory settings on the new Hard drive

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you 😀

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation