Did you mean: 
steviesmom
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

hwo to install software without CD

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i would like to install the software onto my computer however i lost the CD the computer came with. can i do this without the CD?

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,000 24,651 2,877 10,659
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steviesmom, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  Also, which software are you wanting to install?

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,699 32,599 2,966 7,281
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steviesmom

Since you have failed to provide us any details by not answering the questions posed to you by @old_geekster, all I can suggest is that you track down the website(s) of the vendor of the application(s) you want to install and (1) find out if their old CD-based versions will still work with Win10, and (2) check to see if they have a newer version that you can download and use with the license you have for the old version.  Typically, versions that are several years newer require you to buy new licenses.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation