Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

intel management engine interface, cannot start properly

HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 860-065 se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hp Envy Phoeniz 850-065se M0K57AV 64 GB Ram Intel core i7-5960X (Haswell-E). Ran HP support assistant diagnostics- error device, Intel Managment Engine interface, can not start properly. It may not have the correct driver installed or maybe experiencing a hardware failure. The plug and play ID for devise is PCI\VEN_8086-DEV_8D3A-SUBSYS_283A103C-REV_05\3-11583659-0-B0 There are a couple more issues found by support assistant I will go  thru them later one at a time.

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,469 122,646 20,172 30,951
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this updated IMEI driver and restarting the PC, resolves the problem.

11.6.0.1039 Rev.A

Jan 3, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78848.exe

0 Kudos
tdx0
Author
Level 1
9 5 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the last suggestion and it didn't help. I went to Intel tried didn't get much out of them. It still shows a problem looking under system management. I used that program to repair the management engine interface. It couldn't fix it. Only options they show left was to uninstall or shut down. I would try uninstall just not sure how to get it installed again. I do have the intel update program. We had an old version now the latest. Soon after they start to run a check it shuts down gives an error but no code. I did get a code 10 error using another program. I looked for a fix on line all I got was a company trying to sell a product.

0 Kudos
HP-Phoenix
Level 1
11 11 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same system with the same issue.  HP has not updated a working driver/softpaq yet.

There was an update to Skylake processors in the last week, however, nothing yet on Haswell processors.

(i think) Its not really an HP issue as much as its an Intel issue. I know posting this doesnt really help our situation, but i thought it might help you stay alert to Intel Updates as opposed to waiting for HP to do anything quickly.

0 Kudos
HP-Phoenix
Level 1
11 11 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE: I kinda gave up on this system and am going to give it to my nephew.

However, I replaced the motherboard battery and re-installed the bios and set it to default settings. Nothing was changed, but it asked anyway. I was able to boot up succesfully without a boot issue I previously had (boot twice) AND the IMEI started working again. I think i can attribute this to the resetting of the bios to DEFAULT settings. It also shows OK in the device manager. Not sure if you have given up on this or not, but i thought an update would be benficial regardless. I attribute the repair of my boot issues to the motherboard battery being dead. Hopefully, you have fixed your issue. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation