DWELLS3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

loading Dragon Naturally Speaking

HP Recommended
hp 260-a125na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This computer does not authomatically run a CD when I insert it so for ordinary text/picture CDs I insert the CD, click on file explorer and then double click on DVD RW drive (E:) S. This brings up a list of files and I open the file I want. That's OK.

But this does not work when I try to load the Dragon Naturally Speaking software, because it just gives me a list of files as before, but does not execute the program. 

Can you tell me how I get it to execute the program?

2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,697
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> it just gives me a list of files

What are the names of the files? 

Is there a 'setup.exe' ?

Is there an 'install.exe' ?

Is there an 'autorun.inf' ?

Something else?

Open a command-line prompt, and enter   TYPE  E:AUTORUN.INF   and press  ENTER.

What do you see?

0 Kudos
DWELLS3
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks! I entered the line you suggest and I got to a google search so I obviously did it wrong.

There are about 25 files in  the list, including Autorun [1kb] which is just information, and 3 setup files, one BMP [344 kb], another labelled Application [1525 kb] and the third Configuration sett... [6 kb]

Yours

David Wells

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation