cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walt2018
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

looking for driver before installing AOL Mcaffee (included with AOL)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have my HP Pavilion switched from Vista to Windows 7.  It came back from the shop with no drivers.  I have been on the HP download site and have figured out the BIOS and printer installs .  But to download the mcaffe virus system, which is included with my AOL, I am having no success.  Any suggestions?  thanks !!!  Walt

7 REPLIES 7
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,913 11,852 2,363 4,830
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is this the guide you are following to install McAfee edition by Aol. ?

https://help.aol.com/articles/installing-and-uninstalling-mcafee?guccounter=1

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
walt2018
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello David.

Thank you for your reply!   I am with AOl Canada, and, after talking with their technicians and support people a couple of times, they are adamant it is my computer that is not ready to accept their AOL Mcaffee version.  They suspect my home desktop is missing a driver to install the Mcaffee.   This is very possible, as i had to get an complete system makeover at Staples, from Windows Vista to Windows 7, and the technician there suggest I go "on line" to find the appropriate drivers!!!  AOl Canada did send me the proper version of AOL Mcaffee, so i do not think it it that problem.  I have already got my printer running with the correct HP installs...everfthing vut the virus protection.....  again thank you for your quick response.  Cheers, Walt

0 Kudos
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,913 11,852 2,363 4,830
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Walt. A couple more questions. Can you provide the full model or product number (not serial) of your PC so that I can take a look at the driver page for your PC and see if anything comes to mind.

Did you install all drivers on the support page or only the necessary ones?

When you try to install the program does an error come up? Can you let me know what the error says or how you notice that it is not working. When Staples upgraded to Windows 7 did they install an anti virus program?

Is Windows 7 completely updated?

Have you followed these steps provided by McAfee:

How to prepare your Windows computer to download McAfee Consumer products

Let me know,

David

walt2018
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello David,

Sorry for the delayed reply...I've am getting to this later this evening. THANKS so much for the detailed info to date.  

The desktop i have is a HP Pavilion a6700f PC.

It came with Vista, we hada virus (I was on AOl with free Mcaffee), blue page errors at the time; Staples ende dup removing everything and put in Windows 7 without any virus protection (firewall and Defender is included though).  I called AOL Canada, they tried installing Mcaffee , no luck, said I need extra drivers.  I did the HP auto search for what I needed, it did not work, so I went in, and have downloaded an dinstalled the BIOs, Diagnostic tool, and did the printer driver (successfully - yeah!) .  I believe the error message that stopped the AOl Mcaffe install was problem Code O.  It went through to about 35% installed....

I am no way computer literate, and will be going  through the pre-steps you suggest in a bit..

Hope this extra info helps, and I appreciate all your assistance to fate!!

Walt T.    

0 Kudos
walt2018
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again David.

I went through the pre-install link you sent, and it did its thing and said I was ready for Mcaffee, so I tried dowloading my AOL providedx Mcaffee software.  It went further this time, but stopped , with error code O again.  I must be missing something else off the HP menu...    I ahve installed, to date, the Motherboard BIOS update, the DVD/RW Driver Firmware update, the HP Devices and printer update, the HP recovery Manager, the PC Docotor hardware Diagnostic Tools update, and the Cyberlik Powerstarter!   

0 Kudos
wb2001
Level 15
Level 15
12,842 12,635 1,773 5,013
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@walt2018,

Download and install the  LAN driver (Vista) for your unit.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-a6700-desktop-pc-series/3823602/model/3...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
walt2018
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the direction, but I cannot find that HP LAN Driver anywhere in the HP menu items!  (I have my desktop switched from Vista to WIndows 7 ) ..

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation