Did you mean: 
stuwildman
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

new hp desktop computer

HP Recommended
hp compaq

does everybody that buys a computer have to buy the software in it after getting it for chrismas after 30 days .i would think it would be at least good for a year when the date you turn it on i opened it on chrismas day and the software is shut down microsoft offic and the virus protection is this normal

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
kingtopcat
Level 4
142 139 10 22
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to your forum stuwildman!; no you don't have to buy full versions of what's offered they're there to pique your interest or trying/discovering something new that hasn't occured to you before 

if you're either getting a new model to replace either an outdated or dead machine you can usually use the apps you still have to run on the new PC

the month long expectancy of the programs is how all mainstream vendors cut cost otherwise you would not afford/have a computer.

if there's anything you'd like to know merely return to us 

we're at your service 24/7/365.25

kingtopcat

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Perfectly normal Business Practice in my view.

So for Documents try LibreOffice as an alternative.

A/V?  Try...

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Cleanup Piriform Ccleaner.

Also you may want to make a Backup Recovery USB.

0 Kudos
stuwildman
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i dont see business as uasual i see greed 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation