drawme
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

no Realtek Audio device

HP Recommended
HP 110-023w Desktop PC

I have downloaded drivers from Microsoft, Realtek and I still have no sound,

The event manager shows Realtek  Audio device deleted 8/20/2017.  This coinsides more or less with an infamouse Mcrosoft Update.

I did not purposely delete it.  Realtek site downloads only a program which you must pay $29.

Where can I get a audio device??

How can I get sound?

Aside, Now each time I start my computer I get a popup for Windows Script.

Error 0x8004503c

Code 8004503c

Enabler for Windows 8\LogonSound.vbs

I have 8.1, making it impossible to access C:\Users file--is there a registry workaround?

5 REPLIES 5
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,701 32,601 2,966 7,282
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@drawme

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here's the link to the Drivers and Software HP product page for your PC:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-110-000-desktop-pc-series/5359000/model/5365304

You should be able to download and install the Realtek driver under Driver-Audio.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
drawme
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to download the drivers on this url several times with no success.

Each time I receive a popup .

Error: WBT -  install.exe.

Error: C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\pft8F57.tm

1261:  Ole: Exception

On line 887 of W:\Patches\IP\SP64012\install.wbt

Service - Locator.ConnectServer 0

WinBatch 32 2010A

WIL Version 6.10aja

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@drawme

OK, so according to the HP spec sheet for your PC, it uses the ALC662 audio chip.

So, here is a link to the Station-Drivers site, which provide free drivers, and to the Realtek HD Audio page:  station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=select&id=505&lang=en

You have a choice of Dolby or non-Dolby drivers, and if you don't know which your PC needs, then choose the non-Dolby drivers.  These work for LOTS of realtek audio chipsets, so they will work for your.

I use these drivers all the time, so I can attest that they are virus-free and they work.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
drawme
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I must apoligize for my utter stupidity. I tride to find the drivers you suggested. After 3 hours, I surrendered.  I got to the web site, completely confused by it.  I copied your php suggestion into the search.  Then  I copied the option-com,  At the risk of computer suicide I am lost.  I couldnot even succesfully register an account, how inane is that!

Do I surrender and take to someone to repair it for me?

I really do not have the surplus $100 to pay them.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@drawme

OK, then let's try a different approach ...

Click this link -- it should take you to the Station-Drivers site: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en

On the left, use the poll-down to select English as the language

Now, click the third tab from the left -- the one that says Drivers

Scroll down the page until you see Realtek -- click on that

Now, scroll down the page until you see Audio -- click on that

Now, click on Realtek High Definition Audio

Now, click on drivers

Now, it should have four "containers", click on the second one (Not the one that says Dolby ...)

Now, you will see a list of Reakltek HD Audio WHQL drivers, click on the last in the list (build 8184)

Scroll down until you see the details about the driver -- and lick the Download button

If it does not start downloading, prompting for a donation, ignore that and click the Download button again.  It should download this time.

This will create a folder containing the driver components.

Once this downloads, it will be a self-extracting archive, so you double-click it to extract the contents.  This will create a folder with the same name as the archive file.

Open that folder, double-click setup.exe file to start the installation.  Your PC will need to reboot to complete the installation.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation