Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

no power going to monitor

HP Recommended
ENVY 750-514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No power going to the monitor. it also appears the fan on the tower case isn't running.  I removed both RAM sticks to check the motherboard and I did get the beeping sounds.  I unplugged all external devises leaving the  power and monitor cords connected. still no power to the monitor.

The PC was straight out of the box first time plugging it in. Couldn't even registed it since I can't get it up and running.  Any suggestive help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Keith_Kooly

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114. I read that there is no power to the monitor. The fan in the tower does not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Do you see any lights on the keyboard that are blinking? If yes then what is the blinking pattern?

Does the monitor work fine when connected to another computer (if available)?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• The monitor should have two cables. One cable connects to the tower and the other is a power cable which connects to the power outlet. 
  • Since the PC produced beep codes after removing the RAM, please try to insert one memory stick at a time and check if that helps. Also, try the memory stick on the other slot. Repeat for this both the memory sticks. 

Secondly, let us perform a power drain on the PC by following the below steps:

• Power off the PC by pressing and holding the power button for few seconds until it powers off completely. 
  • Disconnect all cables and devices from the tower. Also, disconnect the power cable.
  • Press and hold the power button for few seconds and then release it. This will release any static power in the PC.
  • Reconnect the power cable, monitor, mouse and the keyboard. Power on the PC.

You may also refer to the step by step troubleshooter guide for no boot issues for HP PCs.

If the PC continues to have issues then you may contact our HP phone support team to check the available service options.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. All the best! 🙂

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation