sporty1340
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

no right click menu after 10 update

HP Recommended
pavilion 500-205t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

wireless mouse works fine exept for right click after 10 update orignal operating system widows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,992
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sporty1340

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the right click doesn't work after win10 update,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Do you mean, the right-click doesn't work on the alternate wireless mouse as well? or is it that the right-click works but the menu doesn't open?

If yes, I recommend you update the BIOS: Click here to find and install the same,

when done, please reinstall the USB root hubs from the device manager.

restart the computer and then check if it works.

Also, try changing the mouse button settings:

Use the following steps to adjust the mouse for right-hand or left-hand use:

1. In Windows, search for and open Change your mouse settings.

2. Click the arrow in the Select your primary button box, then select Left if you want to use the left button for primary functions such as selecting and dragging, or select Right if you want to use the right button for primary functions.

Figure : Changing the mouse buttons (Windows 10 example)

Changing the mouse buttons

Keep me posted,

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no need for any BIOS update, or any other update.

You may have ACCIDENTALLY enabled "tablet" mode, which disables the "right-click".

Click on the bottom-right corner of the Windows task-bar, to show the button that enables/disables that mode.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

sporty1340
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well it seems it started working again after yet another microsoft up date i still do not understand what happened i even bought a new hp Wireless mouse on feb 20 then update feb 22 works fine so thank u for fast reply it probably will happen again unless all spell check is like this one thanks again.

PS, i have no tablet mode that i am aware of.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I have no tablet mode ...

In Windows 10, click at the bottom-right of the Windows "notification area", to see a few more icons, including one to enter "tablet-mode".

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation