70 40 2 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

remove other accounts in windows 10

HP Recommended
HP elite small form 6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community,

I have an HP elite small frame 6000,  OS of Windows 10 Pro, that I had to restore to a different time.     I had other users that were family  members on my computer, i would like to delete all of the other users and just keep my administrator account only.    I have been looking online and tried a number of procedures but what is described as the removal process will not work ( does not show the other users in a list to remove ).      I sure hope that someone in the community has a link or instructions to remove the other user accounts from my computer.

Thanks

Beep01

6 REPLIES 6
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Access "Settings".

Access "Accounts".

Under "Set up and manage accounts" should be the text:

... to change an account name, delete an account ...

which should do it.

0 Kudos
Beep01
Author
Level 3
70 40 2 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello mdklassen

thanks for the email, and the instructions, BUT,  i tried that and I know there are 4 other user accounts plus one other administrators account that has a password to log on.   I have my main account that is not password protected that i use all the time that does not need a password.    when i go to settings / accounts then to / family and friends  only one user account is displayed  that is the one i use all the time that is my administrator account.      still puzzled as to where i can find the other 4 user accounts that are on my computer.     if any other ideas i would be greatful.

I am going to send you 5 kudos anyway.

Thanks

Beep01

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> plus one other administrators account that has a password to log on. 

If you logon to that account, can you view/delete the other accounts?

0 Kudos
Beep01
Author
Level 3
70 40 2 3
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello     mdklassen,

thank you for your response,   for your question , NO, it does not matter what way i log on ,with my existing administrator account.  The only account that shows up is my log in name and that its an administrators account,  no other accounts show up at all so I can delete them.   I can not find the other user accounts on my computer anywhere.  ( REALY CONFUSED AT THIS POINNT )

Thank You,

Beep01

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> No other accounts show up at all, so I can delete them.   

> I cannot find the other user accounts on my computer anywhere. 

> ( REALLY CONFUSED AT THIS POINT )

Me, too!   :LaughingTears:

However you have done it, you have been successful at deleting those accounts.  :Wink:

Look into the 'C:\USERS' folder on your computer.

For each current account, there should be one folder.

Correct?

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Look into the 'C:\USERS' folder on your computer.  For each current account, there should be one folder.  Correct?

If you see only your own folder, and you do not see any other folders, there are no other accounts on your computer.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation