Flag Post

tell me how to get rid of the password requirement to use my computer

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

tell me how to get rid of the password requirement to use my computer

I have to use a Microsoft password to use my HP computer

but I don't want to use a password to use my computer

I have windows 10 hell on earth operating system so please don't ask me to contact microsoft

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,792 32,914 3,069 7,574
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@drgradydeal

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You apparently have the PC setup to use your MS account to login -- and there is no way to change THAT to remove the account requirements.

However, you can change the PC so that it uses a local login:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5374-local-account-switch-windows-10-a.html

Once you switch to using a Local account, if you want no password on that, you have to follow these directions:  http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-remove-windows-password-login-in-windows-10-3637669/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
drgradydeal
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it did not work, I unticked the box that said a password is required to open the computer

but it did nt work

so

I went to the store where I purchased my new computer

a man at the store showed me how to remove the password requirement on one of the computers in the store

he went to the user account, clicked change password, entered old password, but did not enter a new password, left it blank, clicked next, clicked finish, restarted the computer, it opened without a password, I went home and tried it and it worked

please let others know about that solution

thanks

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation