hillbillie414
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

to many updates

HP Recommended
pavilion aw4313
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

an update caused me to have to take my desktop HP Pavilion aw4313 back to factory settings. Now I keep having to do a shut down for updates to many updates. First run was 100 updates, the second run was 80 updates, and now the third run is 93 updates. All keep hitting back to back as fast as the updates are done and I restart the computer their are more updates. I am to the point of mashing ever HP product I have and only buying Dell products.

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The same thing will happen with a Dell, Lenovo, or any Retail or OEM Windows 7 SP1 installation disc or USB stick.

It is the amount of Windows 7 updates Microsoft has released since the installation media was created.

One way to reduce the amount of updates needed is to install The Microsoft July 2016 update rollup.

Tom

0 Kudos
kingtopcat
Level 4
142 139 10 22
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello hillbillie 414: my collegue Professor Grzwacz is exactly right the samething happened to me after I made a error which crashed my initial upgrade to Win 10  I had to reinstall Windows 7 because I had the network connection on Win 7 made so many updates that I couldn't proceed my poor Pavilion 410y was overwhelmed, discombobulated as well as swamped by all the updating that it took until 3am the next morning before it was over & I thought I was going to end up on "The Walking Dead" as one of the Haitian Voodoo zombies  I was that exhausted & tired

so what I did was pull the cable & reinstalled Windows 7 then 10 after that

the ultimate problem is that Windows 7 is so geriatric that Microsoft has to continually update it that's why MS pulls the plug on these archaic, antidiluvian antiques sooner or later

hope this tragic tale of tragedy enlightens as well as behoove you

kingtopcat

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation