Level 2
24 12 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

trouble with my keyboard

HP Recommended
pavilion S7320N
Microsoft Windows Vista

today i  started to have ab issue with the function buttons on my HP P/S 2 enhanced media keyboard model 5187-7583.

my S7320N is running windows vista business and has been working right along for many years without incident.

this keyboard  was packaged with the computer when i bought it ne in 2005. It came with windows XP media center and after a few years i upgraded it to windos vista business 32  bit  to use with my transportation/trucking business. it has worked fine since. I had intended to revert it back to XP media center but i can no longer find the OEM disk that came with the unit from the factory. i had a 2007 slimline S7727C that came with windows vista home premium  with media center ,I was wondering if the vista drivers would be the same so as to replace the keyboard driver for this one ?

Any help or info would be great . thanks for your time . Bill Huff Sr.

1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> today i  started to have ab issue with the function buttons on my HP P/S 2 enhanced media keyboard model 5187-7583.

> this keyboard  was packaged with the computer when i bought it [new] in 2005.

> i upgraded it to windows vista business 32  bit  to use with my transportation/trucking business.

How old does a truck in your business get, before you replace it? Is it 13 years, like the age of your keyboard?

Do you replace the "bald" tires on your truck, or do you buy a new truck when the tires need replacing?

Can you borrow a different keyboard, or bring one from your home-computer, and try that keyboard with your computer? If it works, then you have a "hardware" problem with your keyboard, not a "software" problem inside Windows.

Or, just assume that the keyboard is "end-of-life", and buy a new keyboard, to replace your current keyboard.

Can your accountant "write-off" the business-expense of a new keyboard, or amortize/depreciate your purchase-price, over a few years?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation