cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danowings
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

when inserting camera memory card, pictures do not show up.

HP Recommended
pavilion slimline s5-1014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I insert a camera memory card into the port, my pictures do not come up anymore.

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 830 1,538
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@danowings

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I read that you have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1014 Desktop PC and it does not read the camera memory card. The pictures do not come anymore. I'll be glad to assist you with this case. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What type of memory card is it? (Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick (MS), etc.).
  • Does the card work fine in the camera or any other computer (if available)?
  • Do you have any other memory cards to check with?
  • Was the PC able to read the memory card before?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that the this PC supports the following memory cards only:

• Memory Stick (MS)

• Memory Stick Pro (MS Pro)

• Secure Digital (SD)

If the card works fine on another device is one of the supported card types on this PC then please continue with the following steps:

• Some cards have a read/write security switch on the card. Make sure the switch is set to Write Enabled before trying to write data to it.

• Make sure that the amount of data you tried to store has not exceeded the capacity of the card.

• Inspect the ends of the memory cards for dirt or material closing a hole or spoiling a metal contact. Clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth and small amounts of isopropyl alcohol. Replace the memory card if necessary.

• Make sure the memory card is supported by the card reader.

• Make sure the memory card is fully inserted into the slot.

• Remove the memory card when the light is not flashing and shine a light into the empty slot to see if any small pins inside are bent. If the pins are slightly bent, turn off the computer and straighten them with the tip of a mechanical pencil. If two of the pins are touching, replace the memory card reader or have the computer serviced.

• Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Configure a device.

• The Hardware Troubleshooter will open. You can set it to fix the detected problems automatically or select and opt to fix only the one’s you want.

• Click on Next to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Once the scan is completed, it will present you with a report.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation